Updated September 24, 2018
cup packed brown sugar
cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
cup unsweetened baking cocoa
teaspoons baking soda
cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
cup sweetened dried cranberries or dried cherries
cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted*
Heat oven to 350° F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter and oil with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in chocolate syrup, egg whites, egg and vanilla.
Beat in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, cranberries and pecans. Drop by slightly-rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- We've replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.
- No-trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread can be substituted for the butter. The cookies will spread less and retain a more rounded shape.
- Chocolate syrup and unsweetened cocoa add lots of rich chocolate flavor, adding minimal fat to this decadent recipe. Dark chocolate chips are relatively new to the market with several brands available
- You can bake smaller cookies for your holiday cookie tray. Drop dough by level measuring tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes. Makes about 5 1/2 dozen cookies.
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- 44% less fat • 55% less sat fat • 27% fewer calories than the original recipe. Favorite dried fruit replaces half the chips for tasty result!